|Type||Name of the course||USA||ECTS|
|1||CORE||Quantitative Research Methods||3||6|
|2||Qualitative Research Methods||3||6|
|4||Teaching in Higher Education||3||6|
|5||Advanced Optimization Methods||3||6|
|6||Advanced Algorithms and Complexity Theory||3||6|
|8||Advanced Computer Architecture||3||6|
|9||ELECTIVES||Programming Languages and Compiler Design||3||6|
|15||Computational Biology and Bioinformatics||3||6|
|16||Advanced Software Engineering||3||6|
|18||Natural Language Processing||3||6|
|19||Advanced Distributed Computing||3||6|
Note: At least two elective courses from the list of electives must be taken for this concentration.
Taught Curriculum → Comprehensive Exams → Ph.D. Candidate’s Status.
· Research for thesis.
· Preparation and presentation of papers in Conferences.
· Preparation and publication of papers in peer-reviewed journals.
· Research and writing-up of thesis.
· Presentation of papers in Conferences.
· Publication of papers in peer-reviewed journals.
Besides certification in English min. at a C1 level.
- Accumulation of 60 ECTS (30 American credits) spread in line with approved curricular core and concentration requirements with a grade and grade average of ≥ B (83%).
- Pass in Comprehensive Exams.
- Participation as first author of papers in three (3) subject-specific conferences (min. two in international conferences held in the western world) with a scientific committee that selects papers with scientific rigor aiming at publishing the conference’s proceedings in an indexed volume with an ISBN number.
- Publication or acceptance for publication as first author of three papers in subject-specific peer-reviewed journals (min. two in known international journals of the western world) with an editorial board.
- Submission, successful presentation and defence (viva) of doctoral thesis before the Council of Professors, the internal and external examiners.