- PhD in Byzantine, Ottoman & Modern Greek Studies– The University of Birmingham (UK)
- BA. in Education— University of Athens
Areas of Expertise:
- Late Byzantine and Ottoman political, economic, social, religious and cultural History in the Balkans, Balkan networks with the West, cultural heritage management, Balkan history and textbooks
Subjects taught at UNYT:
- Bachelor: World History and Civilizations I & II, Art History I & II, Diplomatic History.
- Master: Ethnicity and Nationalism.
- Doctoral: Teaching in Higher Education
Previous Teaching & Research Experiences:
- Bournville College of Continuing Education, Birmingham, 2001-2002;
- Orthodox Theological Seminary, Shën Vlash, Durrës, 2004-2005;
- Skidmore College, Saratoga Springs, New York, 2007-2009;
- National Centre for Restoration, Albania, 2008;
- Centre for Democratic Education, 2011;
- Shkolla e Lartë e Edukimit, 2011;
- Honorary Research Fellow of the Centre for Byzantine, Ottoman and Modern Greek Studies, University of Birmingham, 2003-2009.
Author, co-author, and editor of:
- 3 monographs (two of which co-authored), 8 book chapters, 19 peer-reviewed journals, 12 conference proceed and 1 edited work.
Detailed Research CV [K. Giakoumis]