B. Lahi, PhD
Besmira Lahi is a clinical psychologist holding a PhD in Psychology and is currently a Lecturer of Psychology in the Department of Social Sciences. Prior to joining the University of New York in Tirana, Besmira has been a part-time lecturer at the University of Tirana where she has successfully completed her studies. She has had an accomplished career in public administration holding the position of the manager and trainer in training programs attached to the Albanian School of Public Administration and the Training Institute of Public Administration where she has been contributing for over a decade.
Besmira Lahi research interests are focused on clinical and social issues screening education leading to competence, job-market patterns between knowledge and skills, overqualification, personal development, psychological assessment of job candidates and exploring the underrepresented mental health and wellbeing of individuals.
Deeply concerned about humanity and the individual’s wellbeing, Besmira works’ aim to mark the path to support the holistic personal and emotional development of the young generation.
- PhD in Psychology-University of Tirana (2017)
- Diploma in Clinical Psychology-University of Tirana (2007)
Areas of Expertise:
Clinical psychology, Educational Psychology, Organizational Psychology
Subjects taught at UNYT:
General Psychology, Anthropology, Photography, Psychology of work
Previous Teaching & Research Experiences:
Educational Psychology: Learning and classroom management-University of Tirana (2016-2018)
Author, co-author, and editor of: (Link to Publications)
- Lahi,B.(2014). Importance of psychometric tools in personnel selection. International Conference on theory and practice in Psychology. ICTPP,2014, Skopje, Macedonia.
- Lahi,B.(2015). Why job candidate reactions matter? The 3rd International Conference on Research and Educatıon – “Challenges Toward the Future” (ICRAE2015), October 2015, University of Shkodra “Luigj Gurakuqi”, Shkodra, Albania ICRAE2015 Conference-Abstract Proceedings, ISSN: 2308-0825
- Lahi,B.(2015). Personnel selection in private companies in Albania EUROPEAN ACADEMIC RESEARCH Vol. III, Issue 8/ November 2015. Impact Factor: 3.4546 (UIF ISSN 2286-4822)
- Lahi,B.(2016). Labor market opportunities and immigration flow EUROPEAN ACADEMIC RESEARCH Vol. III, Issue 10/ January 2016. Impact Factor: 3.4546 (UIF ISSN 2286-4822)
- Lahi,B.(2016). Should overqualification among employees be addressed? 10th International Congress on Social Sciences, 23-24 September 2016, Madrid, Spain. European Journal of Multidisciplinary Studies, [S.l.], v. 3, n. 1, p. 126-130, dec. 2016. ISSN 2414-8385.
- Lahi,B.(2017). How are you? Questions raised to graduated youths working in call centers International Conference Developmental Challenges In A Changing Society: Insights From Research With Adolescents And Youth”
- Lahi,B.(2017). Self-esteem of overqualified employees in Albania “International Conference Good Society – A Multidimensional Approach” – Revista “Studimet sociale/Social sciences”. Vol 11, Nr.2 (39), 2017
- Lahi, B.(2019). Mental health problems in the workplace. The depression alarm! EUROPEAN ACADEMIC RESEARCH Vol. VII, Issue 6/ September 2019 Impact Factor: 3.4546 (UIF) DRJI Value: 5.9 (B+) ISSN 2286-4822