Assoc. Prof. Dr. Marenglen Biba
- PhD in Computer Science, University of Bari, Italy. Dissertation title: Integrating Logic and Probability: Algorithmic Improvements in Markov Logic Networks. Advisor: Prof. Floriana Esposito. (2005 – 2009)
- Laurea Degree (5-year) Cum Laude in Computer Science, specialization in Knowledge Engineering and Machine Learning, University of Bari, Italy. Thesis title: Automatic acquisition of background knowledge for a multistrategic incremental learning system. Advisor: Prof. Floriana Esposito (1999 – 2004)
Areas of Expertise:
- Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Pattern Recognition, Data Mining, Computational Biology, Document Image Understanding, Information Extraction, Social Networks Analysis, Natural Language Processing of Albanian.
Subjects taught at UNYT:
- Bachelor:Introduction to Computer Science, Object-Oriented Programming in Java, Data Structures, Software Engineering.
- Master: Advanced Topics in Operating Systems, Data Mining.
- Doctoral: Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning
Previous Teaching & Research Experiences:
- Postdoctoral researcher in Computer Science at LACAM laboratory, Department of Computer Science,University of Bari. (2008 – 2009)
- D. in Computer Science atLACAM laboratory,Department of Computer Science, University of Bari. (2005 – 2008)Teaching several laboratory courses.2007, visiting researcher at the Machine Learning group headed by Prof. Pedro Domingos, at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Washington, Seattle, USA.
Author, co-author, and editor of:
Around 70 peer-reviewed conference and journal articles and book chapters. Two books published by Springer and VDM Verlag.