Upon successful completion of the Finance program students will be able to:
- Prove financial knowledge with broader business fundamentals including an understanding of management science, economics, accounting, computing and information systems, organizational behaviour, business law and ethics;
- have a foundation in science and liberal studies through the General Education Program.
- be able to apply the subject matter critically and analytically in real situations.
- comprehend the political, social, legal, regulatory, environmental and technological impacts on organizations.
- demonstrate a working knowledge of the European environment of business and multi-cultural issues.
- provide and analyse financial information for a variety of decision-making purposes.
- demonstrate an understanding of the operation and design of financial systems, risks, and financial instruments.
- understand the role, functions and environment of financial services in an international context.
- pursue postgraduate studies or professional qualifications in the field of finance.
List of Courses
General Education – 34 credits
All students must complete the SUNY/ESC general education requirements.
|5||1 Natural Science course||3|
|6||1 Social Science course||3|
|7||US History II||3|
|8||World History I or II||3|
|9||1other World Civilizations course||3|
|10||1 Humanities course||3|
|11||1 Art course||3|
UNYT Concentration Prerequisites – 56 credits
|4||Albanian Business and Labour Law or Legal Environment Business||3|
|5||Introduction to Microeconomics||3|
|6||Introduction to Macroeconomics||3|
|7||Economics of EU||3|
|13||Principles of Marketing||3|
|14||Principles of Management||3|
|15||Money & Banking||3|
|16||Advanced Business English||3|
|17||Introduction to Speech Communication||3|
Foreign Language(s) and Electives – 11 credits
Electives may be taken at UNYT and /or ECS. Recommended:
Empire State College Concentration Courses – 32 credits
|Investing (pre: Corporate Finance and Money & Banking)||4|
|Risk Management (pre: Corporate Finance and senior status)||4|
|Financial Statement Analysis, Reporting and Transparency ( pre: Managerial Accounting )||4|
|Business Ethics (pre-requisite: senior status)||4|
|International Finance (pre-requisite: Corporate Finance, senior status)||4|
|Auditing (pre-requisite: Financial Statement Analysis, Reporting and Transparency)||4|
|2 ESC electives OR Internship OR Senior Project (pre: upper senior status) based on availability:|
|Econometrics (pre-requisite: Intro to Macroeconomics, Statistics II)||4|
|Public Finance (pre-requisite: Intro to Macroeconomics, Money & Banking, senior status)||4|
|Investment Banking (pre-requisite: Corporate Finance, Money & Banking, senior status)||4|
|Internship OR Senior Project (pre: upper senior status)||4|
TOTAL 128 CREDITS (min. 124 credits for the SUNY/ESC degree).