All students continuing their studies at UNYT that come from abroad MUST get a RESIDENT PERMIT and must get their HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA RECOGNIZED by the Ministry of Education.
- The documents needed for the resident application are:
- The application form for residence permit
- Two passport sized photos taken no longer than six months prior to the application
- Photocopy of their travel documents with which they entered the Republic of Albania, photocopy of the pages of interest to past travels (holder’s info, type D visas, stamps of inbound and outbound, etc.) The travel document must have validity 3 months more than the resident permit requested.
- Documents that prove sufficient accommodation in Albania.
- Criminal record taken from the country of origin no later than 6 months before the application.
- Evidence of health insurance in Albania.
- Confirmation of registration for studies in an academic institution in Albania.
- Evidence of sufficient financial resources during their stay in Albania for the asking period.
- Proof of knowledge of the language you will be following studies in Albania, for non-Albanian speaking foreigners.
Note: Documents from the country of origin must have the apostil stamp or have been legalized from their diplomatic representatives in Albania, based on the agreement.
The documents needed for the degree recognition process:
- A photocopy of ID or passport
- High School Degree (translated and notarized)
- Original transcripts of all high school years (translated and notarized)
- A letter confirming the student can continue university studies at the country of their origin
- Proof of knowledge of the Albanian language, given by the University of Tirana
- Copy of the resident permit